Friday, April 28, 2017

The Eyes

He went to get his eyes checked for that month. He is 80 and was advised regular health checkups to follow on his health. He never cared about his appointments for the checkup except for his eye. He never missed even one appointment.

He used to wear glasses. Other than that he never had any issue with his eyes. But still he cared his eyes like anything.  "There is nothing to worry about your eyes. They are perfectly fine sir." The doctor gave his verdict.

He went to his house and carefully placed that months medical report along with others and went to his room. "See I am keeping my promise. There is nothing to worry about my eyes." He told her who smiled as usual. "The doctor just gave me an eye drop in case of any irritation. Other than that it's fine." She never replied as usual.

He was chattering and was doing something when he suddenly looked at her. There was a flower on her. He screamed his lungs off. The Maid came running. "How many times have I told you not to put any garland on her portrait? She is still alive to me and will always be to me. Now remove all that." He yelled. The maid obliged.

He came near her and her sweet voice echoed in his heart, " I will always be around. I live in this eyes of yours all the time. No one can take me away from there." And kissed his eyes for the last time on her death bed.

Drops of tears poured but he wiped them off immediately and picked up his mobile phone to ring the people to schedule his next eye check up appointment.

2 comments: