Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Will you marry me?

“Will you marry me? “ She was shocked at his words and turned back. He was reading a greeting card at a stall. Her heart skipped a beat. She badly wanted those words from his mouth but he seemed not interested in her. Or so she thought.
He wanted to get a stress ball so badly that they came shopping for it. He was so short tempered and people advised him to use one when he felt angry. There were whole lot of other things except the ball.
They came to the stationary section. There were a wide display of wedding memories log book. She was flipping one when he came beside her.
“This is utter waste. No one has time for these nowadays. “
“If you are willing to help me I can fill this. No problem.” She hinted with a smile.
Still no reaction from him. He didn't seem to understand. She gave up. They bought the ball and went back home. When she was fishing for the keys at her door, she found a small bag in her handbag.
His stress ball was inside with a paper.
“He made me walk a lot for this and now forgot it. What a memory. “ She was voicing her thoughts and opened the paper.
“Now that you are there in my life, I no longer need anything else than your sweet face to control my anger.
Your eyes asked My heart why I didn't propose you still when I read that greeting card playfully at the mall. My heart’s reply is this.
WILL YOU MARRY ME?
P.S. I am very slow in picking things. Your eyes have a lot of work. “
Her eyes were moist for a long while.

1 comment: